Here is a step by step guide on setting up your e-mail account. This guide specifies only the options you need to change from the defaults, so if any options are not listed here, they don’t need to be changed.
Outlook is used as an EXAMPLE but this works on any program.
Steps to setting up your mailbox
- Start Outlook
- From the File menu, click “Account Settings”.
- Click “New”.
- Click “E-mail Account”
- In the Auto Account Setup dialog box, click to select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” check box, and then click Next.
- Click “Internet E-Mail”, and then click Next.
- Fill out the required settings as follows:
- Your Name: Your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients when they receive email from you
- Email Address: your full email address
- Account Type: IMAP (if strored online for multiple devices min storage 400mb,contact us to upgrade in 2GB chunks)
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.co.uk
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.co.uk
- Username: your full email address
- Password: your mail box password we provided
Ensure that ‘Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) remainsUNCHECKED.
This is important as you may experience difficulty sending email withthis enabled.
- Click “More Settings…” in the bottom right of the window.
- Click “Outgoing Server” tab at the top.
- Tick the box labelled “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Ensure that the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is selected.
- Click “Advanced” tab at the top.
- Ensure that ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) is UNCHECKED.
- Click “OK” to close the window.
- Click NEXT after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click FINISH.
Please remember we are not IT support so please use these instructions, Google any issues or contact a local IT company to help with your needs.