As we have previously stated, the shared email server from our host isn’t great as it gets affected by anyone sharing that server and your business deserves to have a dedicated business-grade email server.
We have an IT contact that can help you migrate your email system across to something reliable.
We cannot support the shared email system and I’m afraid we aren’t IT support. So please contact us if you need IT support and we can put you in contact with someone.
Try this first,
Disable SSL on iPhone
- Click on Settings
- Click on Mail, Contacts and Calendars
- Under Accounts Select your Email Account
- Click on your Account again
- Scroll to the bottom of the account screen and click on Advanced
- Scroll to the bottom and under Incoming Settings Use SSL turn that off
- Make sure Authentication is set to Password
- Click on <Account located in upper left hand corner
- Under Outgoing Mail Server click on the SMTP server
- Click on the Primary Server
- Under Outgoing Mail Server Use SSL turn that off
- Make sure Authentication is set to password and that you do have your username and password in respective fields
- Click Done
- Click <Account in the upper left hand corner
- Click Done again
- Now you click to go back to your home screen
If it didn’t work. Continue to the next fix.
Here is the fix…
- You will need to email us here for your specific mail server address to wasp out
- Tap Settings from the Home screen
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Your email account
Scroll down to mail.yourdomain or something similar
- Replace with your specific mail server on both INCOMING and OUTGOING server
Hope this helps but remember we cant support this system and if your business relies on email you should really upgrade.